Search

Saturday, December 31, 2011

How to Make a Cupcake Stand

Recently I made this cupcake stand for a party I attended. The nice thing about making one yourself is you can design it to match your colors and theme instead of trying to find one that "will work". That's not even the best part. The real selling point to this is it costs less than $10 to make. Here's what you'll need:

I got my supplies from a local dollar store but many of these items can be purchased at Wal-Mart or wherever it is you shop.














1 pizza pan
2 pie pans (I prefer pie tart pans because they have the fancy rippled edges, but you can use the regular ones like I did for this project)
3 candlestick holders
1 can spray paint
Decorative items such as ribbon, rhinestones, etc.




Spray paint the pans completely ensuring even coverage on both sides. Align the candlesticks in the center of each pan. If you prefer, you can mark the location with a pencil or other washable method. I used hot glue to secure the candlesticks in place. Before the glue cooled, I added a row of rhinestones to hide the ugly glue line. Finally, I added a ribbon trim to the outer edges of the two pie tins. You could also decoupage your choice of scrapbook paper on top of the pans instead of or in addition to the spray paint for extra patterns and flair.

No comments: