Search

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nursery Blocks

I have so many ideas going on right now, but I just don't seem to have the time for any of them. Since we are preparing for not one, but two babies in the coming months, that has been occupying most of my time and attention.

I've started working on their baby quilts. I don't have much experience with detailed quilts. The one's I have done are just block quilts, so these require much more time and precision. I'll post pictures of the finished products once they're done - though I have feeling it's going to be a while. The two of them may have to share one until I have the time to finish the other.

I ran out of thread after 6 blocks, so I started looking around the craft room wondering what else I should work on. I found some small canvas blocks and decided to make something out of them.

It's hard to think of anything non-baby related, so the first thing that came to mind was the word "baby". I have never really learned to paint, or know any special painting techniques. But, I took some inspiration from Joshua Radin (my background tunes) and made these little pretties:



How cute are these? I love, love love them! I know the flower throws you off a bit, as these are obviously meant for a boys room. But I don't care. I love them!

No comments: