Search

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yo Yo Necklace

It has been way too long since I’ve posted something new! I now realize what it actually means to be “busy”. And I’m only in the pregnancy stage. I can’t imagine how much worse it’s going to get once these babies actually get here!

Anyway, I have been working like mad on quite a few different projects. One of my latest endeavors is this yo yo necklace I made for my best friend who generously hosted a baby shower for me a couple of weeks ago.


It’s so simple to make! Just follow the tutorial for yo yo’s and sew them together in the desired pattern. I used a chain but you could also use ribbon. The fabric is a black chiffon as I wanted it to be a dressier style. For the center decals, I used glass rhinestones and small glass beads. The glass beads were strung on floral wire (although I wish I would have used the white fabric covered floral wire I used in my fabric flowers instead since they are white and would have matched the beads) and wrapped around a marker for shape, then hot glued around the rhinestones.

The whole project took me a couple of days, but that’s mostly because I was making it up as I went. If I were to do another one, it probably wouldn’t take more than a couple of hours. This necklace is the perfect accent to a low scoop neck or even as an accent piece to a turtleneck. You can use a variety of fabrics to make it more chic or dress it down with a simple cotton fabric for a fun, casual look.

No comments: